"She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins" - Matthew 1:21Dear Family and Friends,
As we say every year, "I can't believe it's time to write another Christmas letter." Seriously, when they said the minutes go slow but the years go fast they were not joking. We bring our Christmas letter to you in a new (frugal) format this year, but from the same location that it was sent last year, albeit a bit messier, louder, and in need of a makeover (just like everyone else I'm sure)! But enough about our house let's get to the good stuff...the people!
Micah is nearly 21 months old and is really starting to show his independence. The first thing people will tell you about Micah is that he's a momma's boy. And they're right. And I love it (for the most part). But he also LOVES to imitate and try to be just like daddy! He runs all over the place, chasing after his sister. He loves to wrestle and play ball! He wants to do whatever Naomi is doing and doesn't let his size or age hinder him. He's good at throwing himself on the floor when I don't allow him to do some of the things Naomi gets to do. But that's what (almost) 2 year olds do. His vocabulary is growing a little more each month. He has a small arsenal of words and adds new sounds and mumbles all the time. He is the sweetest little boy and is not shy about dishing out the hugs and kisses and loves saying, "bye bye" at the appropriate time (just not to mom). Our lives are enriched with this little man and his unconditional love. We praise God for adding him to our family.
Naomi turned 3 in October and she's turning into such a little lady. She says enough for all four of us and when people meet her they are astonished at how well and how MUCH she talks. It's like God turned a switch and one day she started asking, "why". She is VERY curious and wants to know more and more about the world around her all the time. She started going to Sunday School in the fall and LOVES it and I'm sure she wishes it was every day. She will be an angel in the Christmas program and has her songs memorized already. Besides talking and asking questions Naomi is currently obsessed with princesses, Tinker Bell, cheerleaders, babies, dancing, gymnastics, reading books, art projects and singing. We don't know what the future holds for this little lady but we know that God must have big things in store for her. She has such a great sense of humor and half the time she doesn't even know why she's so funny to us. She is so caring and protective of her brother (sometimes) and loves to cuddle and watch cartoons or princess movies. She also loves to run around and jump off the couch. She's an amazing little lady and we are so blessed that God saw it fit for her to be in our family.
Greg is doing great and headed into his third year as Associate Pastor this past summer. He is such an amazing teacher and preacher. I learn new things from him all the time. He has started the Christ Care small group team leader training in order to get the small groups going next year at church. I am so excited about the opportunities that this will present to so many people at our church. Greg does so many different things and many things that I probably don't even know about. He has a lot of pastoral duties that he takes great joy and pride in doing to the glory of God. He writes a daily devotional during the work week on his blog, Watchful One, you should go check it out. He also gets to play basketball once a week, and plays on two softball teams two different times a year. To say that Greg is busy is an understatement. But, Greg does a great job of being home with the kids and I whenever he can! We love hearing the garage door open and the kids run towards him for their hugs. I am so blessed to call this caring, transparent, faithful man my husband of 7 years!
Well, I guess that just leaves me. I am really enjoying my job as "homemaker". I may make the home a mess most of the time, but I try to clean it up a little bit when I'm done. I recently made the home my office, as I got a nice big desk and work area in our front room for my photography business. The challenge is marketing, but I am going to stay positive and continue to hone my craft and passion and continue to capture memories for people. You can check out some of my work on my blogsite. In order to try and bring in a little income and help with family bills I have started an etsy store . Etsy is an online store that allows people to host and sell their handmade items. Right now I have many scripture paintings and scripture photos for sale. Soon, I hope to add my felt food and other sewn items to the store. I love being home with my kids and I hope that I am able to make the home a place where they feel safe and loved. But most importantly this home is a place where they know the love of Jesus and that He is always with them. You can keep up with our daily lives on my family blog .Thanks for taking the time to read our little update. It's just a short glimpse into the lives of a young family in south Texas. We're always more than ready for visitors so please feel free to come down and hang your hat here for a while.
We pray that your CHRISTmas is filled with Christ and that you remember why Jesus came, to take away your sins and to love you like no one else can or will.
in His grip,
Greg, Jamie, Naomi and Micah


No comments:
Post a Comment