Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Merry Christmas


Dear Family and friends,
It’s hard to believe that another year has come and gone so quickly. This year has been filled with tremendous blessings just like years gone by.

We had many opportunities to visit with family and friends throughout the year, whether it was in San Antonio, Dallas, Waco, Houston, Denver, Menomonee Falls, St. Louis, or Illinois we had a great time making new memories. We also look forward to time in San Diego with our family after Christmas.

We spent some time visiting with old friends and family members and welcomed some new members into the family as well. On April 2 (my sister’s birthday), at 3:30pm we were so excited to welcome our little boy, Micah Ruben, into the world (all 7lbs 12 oz and 21 inches of him). Naomi loves being a big sister and hasn’t asked us to take him back yet! She loves to give him hugs and kisses and occasionally likes to sit on him as well. My brother Eric and his wife Catherine welcomed little Lily Grace into the world on Halloween. We can’t wait to meet her in a couple of weeks! In January, Naomi and I traveled to Denver for a friend’s wedding (from the Seminary) (while I was 7 months pregnant) and we got to see some family as well. In June, Greg performed the marriage ceremony of his cousin Aaron to Katie in St. Louis and the WHOLE Mueller family was in attendance. Greg also participated in his cousin Lauren’s wedding to Nick in September (Naomi took the trip to Colorado with Greg and had a great time). I was so excited to be the matron of honor at my best friend (and Naomi’s godmother) Julie’s wedding to Clif in October (at Lambeau Field!). What awesome and blessed occasions all those weddings were.

We also had to say goodbye to a member of our family. My paternal grandmother passed away in July. Micah and I made the trip for the funeral in Illinois. We are so blessed that the kids and I were able to see her in June shortly before she passed away. She was my last living grandparent and is greatly missed.

We’ve been blessed with a great family away from home in our church, Mt. Calvary. The people are amazing here and we’ve felt just like family from the beginning. Greg has started many different ministries and is really growing each and every day as a Pastor and leader. It is so awesome to watch him preach a sermon or lead a Bible study or just talk with his parishioners; you can see the passion in his eyes and hear it in his voice. (Oh and you can actually hear the passion too if you’d like on the churches website, all the services are live and archived afterwards too!) He has started some sports teams too. (Come on you knew it would happen sometime, right?) They play softball during the spring, summer and fall and just recently got in a basketball league too. Needless to say, Greg is finding enough to keep himself busy and out of trouble…we hope.

I am keeping myself plenty busy. Greg always jokes that I have a new hobby every week but I think it’s just that I don’t finish what I start right away so it looks like a new hobby. I have helped start a MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) group at church with another mom and we have a great time getting together, with and without the kids, about twice a month. I’ve been giving my sewing machine a workout and love creating coasters, curtains, and clothes (among other things). Naomi and I have fun painting together and creating other random fun things. In addition to those things, and the daily joys and trials of being a mother of two small children, I am finally getting my photography business off the ground. Although business is not booming just yet, I have had a few clients that I didn’t previously know, so I guess that’s good. My website went live just before Thanksgiving and I’m working on getting more promotional materials created. So, if you know of anyone in the San Antonio area that needs portraits, or is getting married, you can pass my name along!

Now, what about those kids! They are such amazing little ones that I could write pages and pages just bragging about them, what they are doing, how cute they are and what they are saying…but you don’t want to hear that do you? Well, if you do (and you should J) you can check out my blog for their latest tricks.

Naomi turned two in October and she is definitely two! She hasn’t stopped talking since she turned 18 months old (and I’m not joking). Her favorite question of the past few months is “what are you doing?” and she’ll ask anyone and everyone at least 100 times! She loves her babies (and feeding/nursing them), she loves purses, pretty dresses, balls, crayons, painting, playing outside, singing, dancing and we’ve just discovered her love for everything Christmas (except Santa…he’s scary)! She is an amazing little girl with such a big heart!

Micah is now eight months old and such a joy! What a happy little guy, but he’s not often called little. Many comments about which football team he’s going to play for are heard at church. He has grown a tooth and is working on another. He just started “playing” with Naomi and loves to put all her toys in his mouth (which she’s not too fond of). When he’s not eating her toys they can occasionally be seen playing next to each other and it’s so awesome to watch! He loves to babble and is trying out “da-da” a lot. He’s a champion sitter and army crawler and just started eating solids at 7 months old, so there’s no stopping him now!

We feel so blessed to have you as part of our lives and to share in this journey with you! This journey would not be possible without the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He loved us enough to take on flesh and become a baby, to die on the cross and to rise with victory over our sin, death and the devil! What an amazing God we serve. We pray that the blessings of Christmas will live with you all year long.

With CHRISTmas joy,
Greg, Jamie, Naomi and Micah

No comments: