Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Birthdays and other Celebrations

Within three weeks both of my sisters and I all celebrated birthdays. On February 25th, I celebrated my 27th birthday. My two sisters, Dana and Holly, celebrated their birthdays on March 18th and 14th, respectively. For the first time in years, the entire Truwe family was able to get together to celebrate these milestones. As the family continues to grow and spread out around the country, these times will be hard to come by. They are quite a blessing.

I was not alone in celebrating my birthday, however. My supervisor, Pastor Blomenberg shares a birthday with me. So, to celebrate, we had the pastors and their wives over to our place Sunday, Feb. 26th after the services. It was a great time of food, fellowship, and fun. We enjoyed playing games, and just laughing together.

This past Tuesday was also a day to celebrate with many seminary students and their families. More than one-hundred students received their first calls to serve as pastors in the Church in a service at Concordia Seminary on April 25th. Many friends had looked forward to this day for many years.

Also on April 25th, over 160 seminarians received their vicarage placement during another service at Concordia Seminary. We were excited to learn where many of our good friends will be spending the exciting year to come.

Jamie and I were able watch these services live on the internet. Next year Jamie and I will look forward to this awesome day!

No comments: