
By the time you receive this newsletter, I will be four months into my year-long vicarage experience. Back on April 27th, Jamie and I learned that we would spend the vicarage year in Indiana at Immanuel Lutheran Church. That news has since gone from imagination to reality.
On August 3rd, Jamie and I drove our 24-foot truck into town. We were greeted by over a dozen youth, and many other adults who had all our stuff unloaded in less than an hour. What a welcome!
Since that time I have been working hard, trying to learn everything I can from three great pastors and the rest of the people here at Immanuel. I am the tenth vicar they have had in a row here, and as a result, they have a great system in place to help me continue my education. They don’t view me simply as hired help.
Between the three pastors and myself we divide the preaching, teaching, and visitations. Currently I am kept busy, teaching the Gospel of Matthew on Sunday mornings, participating in worship, visiting 20+ shut-ins each month, preaching at least once a month, and making hospital calls every Thursday and on the weekends. 
Vicarage has been everything I expected and more. I am surrounded by faithful and experienced servants of God’s Word, and I am learning from them every day. I pray that God would continue to use this vicarage year to mold and shape me. God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment