Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry CHRISTmas 2012


Dear family and friends,                                                                                                                        
       

It is once again time for me to sit in front of my computer and compress a year full of memories, funny stories and usual shenanigans onto a single page. I will do my best, but be warned, it is past my "new" bedtime.
Why do I have a "new" bedtime? Well, because we have a new baby of course. Sweet little Abi joined our family in October. We are so blessed to have her in our family and are blessed by God to be her parents. Abi is a great baby and although she's not even two months old yet we cannot imagine life without her. She is sleeping great, starting to smile and constantly evokes the attention of three siblings who just can't get enough of the new baby.
Naomi (6) and Micah(4) are experiencing a "new" school. They attend A great school and they seem to be loving every moment of it.  They love their new teachers and new friends. Naomi has a new skill...she can read!! No, she's not reading War and Peace just yet but it's great to see her sitting on the couch with Micah and Hannah reading them a book...or as much as she can. Naomi has also started taking ballet and loves coming home to teach Hannah what she has learned. Micah enjoyed a new sport this summer, he got to play t-ball and loved it so much that he can be found talking about when his next game will be even though he knows he has to wait until after school is done. They both loved taking swimming lessons too and are looking forward to when they can swim again next year. They both say new and hilarious things everyday...yes, I am writing them down.
Hannah is a new two year old. And she is a two year old. She's full of mischief, silliness, hugs, smiles, kisses and everything that a two year old should be. She has started talking so much more since the new baby came and we love to finally hear what's on her mind (most of the time ;)). Hannah loves to spend time with her brother and sisters and loves to hear the garage door open and declare "daddy home" at the end of the day.

Greg is really enjoying ministry! He has been at Concordia for 20 months now, and there are many opportunities to share Christ's Good News. Recently, a new organist and choir director was added to the team and we are enjoying the additional beautiful music. He is hoping to join either the Jackson Choral Society or one of the instrumental groups in town. He still enjoys his old hobbies (baseball, golf, etc) when he has a free moment.
My new role as mother of four is treating me pretty well. I wish I had some earplugs some days but I wouldn't trade it for anything. These little kids that call me mom are my greatest accomplishment in life. I am still working as a photographer when asked but not currently marketing my services. I still sew, bake and craft when the bug bites and I have a free moment.  I am hoping to get more involved at church and the kids school as time allows also.
Our family is also enjoying our NEW home. We moved on Palm Sunday weekend...and as a Pastors family you can understand that it was VERY crazy! But we survived and LOVE our new home! We have space to breathe, a flat fenced in backyard in which to run and play and we have space for visitors so please feel free to stop by. Our family is experiencing another new thing with having my parents live 7 minutes away.  It's so great to have them close by. Not sure how we'd survive some of these new things without them. Greg and I have actually been able to go out on a few dates!!
We have experienced many NEW things this past year but one thing will never change, the LOVE of our Savior. The baby born in Bethlehem, who brings us peace, is the same yesterday, today and forever! We pray you have a very blessed CHRISTmas and a Happy New Year!!

in His grip,
Greg, Jamie, Naomi, Micah, Hannah and Abi

No comments: